If baseball is your passion - you might be interested in the latest announcement from MSC Cruises about a powerful lineup of "baseball greats" on their Baseball Greats theme cruises.
Some of the greats of the game – including numerous record holders and members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum – will be onboard, sharing their skills and their memories, during the powerful line up of five “Baseball Greats” theme cruises as MSC Poesia sails her inaugural season in the U.S. during the 2009-10 Caribbean cruise season.
In addition to visits to some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful locations, each “Baseball Greats” “sailing includes free interactive guest/player activities, including a player-hosted trivia game in which guests can test their baseball knowledge, question-and-answer sessions with the players, a guest pitching contest and a lively story-telling session. Players will also host pitching, hitting, fielding and base running clinics.
Perhaps the most popular activity is the free autograph session at the end of the cruise.
MSC Poesia offers “Baseball Greats” theme cruises on the following roundtrip itineraries from Fort Lauderdale:
- Nov. 20, 2009: 10-night Southern Caribbean featuring Panama, featuring Bob Feller, Cito Gaston, Frank Howard, Stan Bahnsen and Bill Russell.
- Jan. 16, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean, featuring Hector Lopez, Ken Griffey Sr., Stan Bahnsen, Jeff Torborg, and Cookie Rojas.
- Feb. 6, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean; featuring Tony Oliva, Jim Fregosi, Rudy May, Stan Bahnsen and Ed Kranepool.
- March 6, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean, featuring Amos Otis, Stan Bahnsen, Vida Blue, Rennie Stennet and Rico Petrocelli.
- April 3, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean; featuring Stan Bahnsen, Tony Taylor, Gorman Thomas and Randy Hundley
For more information on this visit http://www.msccruisesusa.com/specialcruises/theme-cruises