Welcome to the Prow's Edge Cruise Magazine Blog where we keep you up to date with things about cruises that are part of cruise news, useful, interesting and even irrelevant but fun in the world of cruises and cruising.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Traveling to Canada with a DUI

Problems with entering Canada from the USA after having been convicted of a driving under the influence (DUI) offence, or driving while intoxicated (DWI) offence can be a problem for many taking a cruise that begins in the USA and which has several stops at Canadian ports of call, or indeed a cruise that begins or ends at a Canadian port of call.

This can be very awkward for many travelers even when their conviction was not based on an event that resulted in horrific results.

The good news is that (depending of course on the severity of the offence) there may be a way to deal with this situation and finally make the dream of a trip to Canada come true.

The two main chances of achieving this are by "Criminal Rehabilitation", a process in which  in which a person who is deemed inadmissible to Canada requests from the Canadian Government that their inadmissibility be abolished on a permanent basis, and/or by the procurement of a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) which allows a person to enter Canada.

For full details about this, visit:

For more information about FWCanada visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment